Rural Nevada schools will be eligible in 2023.
The purpose of the Hughes & Jones Music Fund is exclusively to purchase musical instruments for use in Nevada public schools. All instruments will remain the property of the school and available for the continuous loan and use by participating students.
Rural county school districts are the RFP focus in odd years. Clark County School District and Washoe County School District are the focus in even years.
The Hughes & Jones Music Fund will accept proposals in 2022 from all Washoe and Clark County public Middle and High Schools. Only one (1) proposal may be submitted per music program. A school may submit more than one proposal, if both submissions are scored to be awarded, the total awarded for the school would not exceed $5,000 and would therefore be divided between the music programs. Approximately $100,000 is available; approximately twenty (20) grants will be awarded at a maximum of $5,000 per grant. In 2020, 7 schools in Washoe and 24 schools in Clark County were awarded grants.
Please follow the instructions below exactly. Proposals that do not meet the threshold requirements will not be reviewed.
Proposal Instructions & Submission Requirements
- Typed on 8 ½” x 11” white paper
- 1-inch margins and 12-point font
- Narrative responses must be completed in Microsoft Word, and limited to 4 pages
- Respond to all eleven (11) proposal questions, title and number each section
- Budget and budget justification must be limited to 1 page
- Submit completed original Cover Sheet
- Total proposal must be limited to 6 pages (including cover sheet)
- Return entire submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the email Subject Line include the name of your School and Program, e.g.: Jones Middle School – Jazz Band
- Submit ONLY and COMPLETELY what is required in the RFP Submission Instructions
- Submit via email any time prior to 5:00 p.m. on March 14th
Late proposals will not be acknowledged or reviewed
January 17, 2022: Release RFP
March 14, 2022 by 5:00 p.m.: Proposals deadline
April 14, 2022 — Awards announced by email