October 14, 2020
Content from this post are sourced from the Governor’s Office of Economic Development website, https://goed.nv.gov/pandemic-emergency-technical-support-pets-grant/, as well as from an informational email by Miles Dickson of the Nevada Grants Lab.
The Governor’s Office of Economic Development announced $20 million in COVID relief funds are made available to provide operational support to small businesses, nonprofits organizations, arts and culture organizations, and local Chambers of Commerce impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Funding is available to small businesses, nonprofits, arts and culture organizations and local Chambers of Commerce to cover operational expenses, specifically different expenses related to working capital (rent, inventory, payroll, utilities, etc.), protective equipment (PPE) and protective retrofit due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Funding is limited. Please apply as soon as possible.
The listed requirements below are specific to nonprofits (small businesses have additional are employment and revenue qualifications; please see the above GOED link for more information).
Eligibility requirements for nonprofits:
- Registered tax exempt 501(c) entity (including (c)3, (c)4, (c)6);
- Experienced and can demonstrate financial hardship due to COVID-19, such as loss of revenue or increase in expenses;
- Licensed business as of March 1, 2020 and in good standing with the State (i.e., no outstanding tax liens or judgements); and,
- Have a physical location in Nevada.
- Up to $20,000,000 in total program funding
- Up to $10,000 per organization, or up to $20,000 per organization working in arts and culture
- No match requirement
- No repayment requirement
How it works:
- Eligible entity must submit an application beginning Monday, October 19, at 8:00 AM to the State’s PETS application portal
- Applications will be reviewed, and if preliminarily approved, applicants will submit proposed grant award level and use of funds, and self-certification of eligibility
- If awarded, organization must maintain use of expenses records, such as receipts and payroll records
- FAQs from the Nevada GOED website: https://goed.nv.gov/pandemic-emergency-technical-support-pets-grant/pets-grant-program-frequently-ask-questions-faqs/
- PDF fact sheet: https://goed.nv.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/PETS-Grant-Fact-sheet-10-5-20.pdf
Special thanks to Miles Dickson of the Nevada Grants Lab for his contributions to this report.