Las Vegas, NV—Cox Communications, in partnership with its fiscal partner Nevada Community Foundation, is pleased to invite your nonprofit organization to apply for grants through Cox Charities. This is a special opportunity to receive funding for programs that support one or more of Cox Charities’ three philanthropic cornerstones:
- Education, with a priority on K-12 and STEAM;
- Diversity, with a priority on programs serving 80% of more of a target population or serve an inclusion, diversity and equity initiative; and
- Environment/Sustainability, with a priority on water conservation, waste or carbon reduction.
Eligible organizations are those who operate in the Cox Las Vegas Service Areas of Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Henderson and Boulder City, Nevada. Before you complete your application, please determine whether your grant request is consistent with Cox Charities’ philanthropic cornerstones.
Grants are awarded on an annual basis in response to applications from non-profit 501(c)(3) qualified organizations whose goals and programs meet our mission statement. We make every effort to direct our contributions where they can have the greatest impact while addressing the most critical needs.
Opening Date: 9:00am, May 3, 2021
Closing Date: 5:00pm, May 28, 2021
- Grants are awarded under three categories: Education, Diversity, and Environment/Sustainability.
- Individual grants typically range from $1,000 to $5,000.
- Application is available online via Nevada Community Foundation.
- Cox Charities will only fund program-related expenses, including activities, materials and supplies that are directly related to the provision of services, etc., restricted to local needs in Nevada.
- Funding will NOT be given for general operations or staff salaries/wages.
- Submissions are due no later than May 28, 2021 at 5 PM.
Funding decisions are made by a committee comprised of Cox employees who contribute their dollars to Cox Charities. Organizations will be notified of funding decision by September 2021.
Thank you for the contributions you and your organization make toward improving our communities in Southern Nevada. Good luck, and we look forward to working with you. Should you have any questions regarding your organization’s eligibility or need assistance regarding any of the application’s questions, please contact the Nevada Community Foundation’s Chief Operating Officer, Jane Ramos, at 702-892-2326 or firstname.lastname@example.org.