Attention: All Clark & Washoe Counties Middle & High School Music Instructors.
Hughes & Jones Music Fund Grant
Charles L. Hughes and Alvin C. Jones founded the Hughes & Jones Music Fund in 2006 with the sole purpose of funding musical instruments for Nevada’s public schools. The goal was to make musical instruments available to students who might not otherwise be able to afford them and enable local schools to maintain the ownership for student use for years.
RFP Calendar Cycle:
- Rural Counties in spring of odd years
- Clark & Washoe Counties in spring of even years
- $100,000 for musical Instruments awarded each year
2020 Proposal Information
- 1 proposal accepted per program
- $5,000 maximum award per school. If 2 programs submit from 1 school and both are selected to be awarded, the $5,000 maximum would be divided by both programs
- For music instruments
- Only Clark and Washoe Counties’ middle and high schools are eligible
- RFP Released January 10th
- RFP Due 5:00 PM PST March 11th
Grant Application Download
The Hughes & Jones Music Fund is a component fund of the Nevada Community Foundation, an exempt public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, registered in the State of Nevada, EIN 88-0241420.